Why are some of your important emails sitting in your Yahoo mail Spam folder? or Some of the emails that are already marked spam are now visible in the Inbox folder? The only reason here is your Yahoo email filter is not working properly.
This could be either you who mistakenly changed some of the Yahoo mail filter settings or it could be either some glitch from Yahoo’s end.
Well, whatever might be the reason, there are some best workarounds to fix this issue. In this guide, we’ll be discussing all how to fix Yahoo mail filters not working issues with few permanent solutions.
So, let’s dive in and get your Yahoo mail filter working back. But before that, check out what we gonna cover in this Guide-
FIX: Yahoo Spam Filter Not Working-
As we said, the two major reasons why your Yahoo mail spam filter not working could be either some mistakenly done manual adjustments or technical glitches from Yahoo’s server end.
No matter what the reason is, you must be clear on how to fix it. And that’s what we discussing below, listing out some of the most common and effective methods-
1 . Mark “Not Spam” To The Email Delivered-
In case you see a mail delivered from an authorized sender has been incorrectly delivered to the Spam folder then this could be due to some improper Yahoo spam filter adjustments. And at first, you should mark this mail as Not Spam.
To do this, just follow these steps
First, you need to sign in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Now, from the left panel, you have to click on the Spam option.
- With this, you will be redirected to your Yahoo mail Spam folder, where you have to find out the mail that has been incorrectly delivered to your Spam folder.
- Right-click on the selected mail, this will open a pop-up menu.
- From the pop-up menu, just click on the “Not Spam” option. This will move the marked mail to your Yahoo Inbox folder.
2. Mark “Spam” To Unwanted Emails-
Well, Yahoo Spam filters rarely have such issues, even after making Yahoo mail spam settings some Spam messages get slipped to the Inbox folder.
In case you find any such Spam mail in your Inbox folder then you simply make it Spam and throw it in the Spam folder.
Here’s how you can do this-
First, move to your Yahoo Mail Inbox.
- In this Inbox folder, navigate to the unwanted email that should be in the Spam folder.
- Now, right-click on the mail. Which will open a pop-up menu.
- From this pop-up menu, you have to select the “Spam” and option.
Done! The unwanted email will be kicked to the Spam folder.
3. Block The Mail Sender-
This is the most common way to prevent getting unwanted emails from a particular sender. For this, you just need to block the email address of that sender.
It’s so simple and quick, just you need to follow the below steps-
At first, you have to log in to your Yahoo mail account, and then at the upper right, you will see a Settings option (gear icon) located, tap it.
- After this, a drop-down will appear. From this menu, click on the More settings option at the bottom.
- Now, you will be redirected to all other available settings. From these options choose the Security and privacy option.
- Under this section, click on the + Add option available just next to Blocked addresses.
- An input area will be given to enter the email address that you want to block. After entering the sender’s mail id click on the “Save” button to finalize your choice.
That’s all! The sender is now blocked from sending any mail to your Yahoo mail id.
4. Filters Need To Be Checked-
It’s necessary to review and make sure that your created Yahoo mail spam settings filters follow all filter guidelines. Any mismatch in this can cause some Spam to slip into your Inbox folder.
5. Assign Multiple Criteria
A created filter applies all the set of rules that you have configured to identify and direct different mail categories to different folders. And using two filters at a time is a quite good choice.
So, we recommend you create 2 filters to make sure each mail must be under two criteria checks.
Well, that’s all about why your Yahoo mail service is not working and some effective ways to fix it up. Now, have a look at some questions that Yahoo mail service users have-
● Why Is My Yahoo Email Filter Not Working?
If your Yahoo mail filter not working then probably it’s because of any conflicts that filter might have created in the Yahoo Mail account. The most common way to fix this is to use positive criteria like ‘begins with.’ And make sure that your created filter must have certain rules.
● How Do I View Filters In Yahoo Mail?
To view filters in Yahoo mail you have to follow these few simple steps-
- First, get successfully logged in to your Yahoo account.
- Now, at the top right corner, you will see a Settings icon, tap it.
- After this, a Settings sub-window will pop up, here just navigate to the left-side panel and then click on the “Filters” tab.
- This will show you all the existing filters on the screen.
● Does Yahoo Mail Have Filters?
Yes, there are almost 500+ filters in Yahoo mail to save your time with organizing your incoming mails. These filters need to be set as per the need to automatically sort new emails and move the spam mails in a different folder or trash.
Also, the filters used are prioritized from the top down. That means in case you have applied for 2 filters to the same email, the top one will be used.
● How Do I Check My Email Filters?
Well, either it’s Yahoo or any other mail service the overall process remains the same.
Where to check your email filters you first have to click on the “Settings” from the main menu and then have to select the “Filters” option. This will help you to identify if there’s any change required or need to add any new filter.
● How To Change Spam Filter In Yahoo Mail?
To change the spam filter in Yahoo mail just go through the below steps-
- First, you have to log into your Yahoo Mail account.
- At the top-right corner you will see a gear menu, tap it.
- After this, from the drop-down menu click on Settings option and then choose “Filters.”
- Now, you have to add and create a filter with such adjustment that matches @ in the sender and then delivers the messages to your Yahoo Inbox folder.
- Lastly, click on “Save” option to save your changes.
What makes Yahoo mail service unique from other available mail services is its 500+ filters adjustments. But sometimes things won’t be going as per our expectations and you might have to experience Yahoo mail filters not working.
However, with being our best and permanent fixes discussed above you don’t need to worry about why your Yahoo spam filter not working. And in case of any queries or feedback out comments section is open for you.
Also Read: How To Increase Yahoo Mail Attachment Limits