Cox Email Sign In service has undergone some rearrangements in service. Hence, the emailing service they provide is now only available to the legacy account holders of it. But don’t you worry guys.
If you still want to use your cox email account, there are several ways to set up your email on various platforms and do the cox email sign-in smoothly.
Cox email is the email service offered by Cox Communications, one of the leading Internet Service Providers. Internet Service Providers often offer some extra facilities to their clients.
They provide offers like telephone connection or free email service. Cox offers a free email service with its internet connection.
But it seemed that people are not that much interested in cox’s email service. That’s why Cox Communications made an announcement in the year 2019 that they won’t provide new email accounts anymore.
Cox email service offers –
- Sending and receiving emails.
- They provide 2GB storage space with every email account.
- You can create email templates.
- You can create a custom email signature for you.
- You can use your own domain name for an email address.
- You can add maximum nine secondary users.
But due to the cut-offs in the service, secondary email account users can no longer have their own email address associated with the main account. That means you cannot have an account that has multiple email addresses.
Here in this article, we are going to discuss more cox email services, and how to log in to cox email.
How Do I Sign In To My Cox Email?
You can use cox email service only if you are an existing customer of the service. Follow the steps to sign in to your cox email account.
- Enter myemail.cox.net in the address bar of your browser and hit enter.
- Put your user ID and password respectively.
- Hit enter, or click on the Sign In button.
- You have successfully signed in to your cox email account.
Cox supports IMAP technology. That means, if you want to use a different email client to use your cox email account, it is possible! You only need to set up the settings. Follow the chart below for settings to use cox email from a different email client like Yahoo or Hotmail.
Cox.net IMAP server – imap.cox.net cox.net SMTP server – smtp.cox.net
IMAP port – 993 SMTP port – 587
IMAP security – SSL/TLS SMTP security – S TARTTLS
IMAP username – Your username SMTP username – Your username
IMAP password – Your cox.net password SMTP password – Your cox.net password
What Is Cox Email Domain?
Cox provides an email service with its internet connection which use the domain cox.net and the email account ends with @coxbusiness.net
Recently in a report, it is said that cox.net is a low-risk profile and the security they provide is higher than other email services.
What Is The File Size Limit In Cox Email?
Check out our full chart to understand the size limits of cox email services.
|Maximum Message Size||25 MB including attachments|
|Size of Mailbox||2 GB per mailbox for general packages. 10 GB per mailbox for Ultimate connection and 15 GB per mailbox for Ultimate Classic connection|
|Dormant Mailbox Deleted||180 days of email account inactivity on both primary as well as secondary mailboxes|
How Do I Access My Cox Email?
Go to myemail.cox.net and enter your username and password, then click on the Sign In button. Alternatively, you can access your cox email account through other email clients. For that, you need to set up the IMAP settings.
Does Cox Charge For Email?
The answer to this question is, no! Cox does not charge for its email account service to its customers. Cox used to provide a free email service with all kind of internet connections of them.
But in 2019, they announced they are going to cut off the email service due to a lack of user interest in this service. However, the existing customers can still access the email service provided by Cox Communications.
Can I have Two Cox Email Accounts?
Yes, you can create one primary account and then add up to nine secondary email accounts with the primary email account in the cox email service.
Cox Outgoing Mail Server Not Working
Well, it is really absurd to see cox outgoing mail server not working message, especially when you have to send an important mail urgently. Nothing is more frustrating than this.
It could be several reasons for what your SMTP outgoing server stops working. It could happen due to –
- Incorrect SMTP configuration.
- Wrongly entered configuration.
- Server malfunction from the service provider’s side.
- Server malfunction due to antivirus or firewall.
Whatever the reason is, there are always ways to fix it. Follow the steps below to fix this hectic issue.
- Double-check the server settings in order to be sure there is no wrong or incorrect configuration.
- Check your internet connection thoroughly. Sometimes it can happen due to bad connections.
- Check if you correctly put your name, username, and password. If they are wrongly entered, correct them.
- Double-check if the account type is set to IMAP or not. If not, set it to IMAP.
- Check if the SSL or TLS settings are enabled or not. If not, enable them.
Restore Cox Email
If you deactivated your Cox email account by any chance, there are ways to restore the account. Just follow the steps below and restore your favorite Cox email account.
- You have to log in with your primary cox user ID. Go to www.cox.com/myprofile and put the credentials properly.
- Select Manage Users under the User Accounts section.
- Select Reactivate. You will find this next to the email address that you want to restore.
- Select Reactivate Email to confirm and finally restore the email account.
You are all done.
Create New Cox Email Address
You need to follow a certain step to create a new cox email address.
- Enter your User ID that you want to use.
- Enter a suitable password.
- You will be asked to complete the following fields.
- Select a security question.
- Answer to that question.
This field is required in case you forget your login credentials.
- Click Complete to finish the registration.
How To Log Out Of Cox Email
You can turn on the Automatic Sign Out feature to log out automatically from your cox email account. Or you can log out manually.
Find the Log Out button on the home page of your cox email account. Click on it to log out manually.
How Do I Access My Old Cox Email?
You have to only log in with your primary Cox User ID at the Cox website, then under the User Accounts section.
you have to select Manage Users > Reactivate (you’ll find this next to the email account you want to reactivate) > Reactivate Email.
How Do I Log In To My Cox Net Email Account?
- Type myemail.cox.net in the address bar of your browser and press enter.
- Put your User ID.
- Put your password.
- Click Sign In.
You will find yourself signed in to your cox.net email account.
Why Can’t I Log In To My Cox Email Account?
If you changed your password and selected log out from all other devices then you will find yourself logged out from your email account from each and every device of yours.
And you cannot log back in with your old password. Try to sign in once more with your newly created password. And if you cannot remember the new password, simply click on forgot password.
What Happened To My Cox Email?
From August 15, 2019, Cox stops their email service. Hence you cannot create a new email ID if you are an existing customer. New customers will not be provided with the free email service anymore.
But if you are an existing customer of Cox Communications, you will still be able to access your old cox email ID with all its features.
How Do I Find My Cox Username And Password?
- Click on forgot password. You will find thelink in the Sign In box.
- Enter your User ID in the given dialogue box.
- Follow the instructions in order to reset the password. You might have to answer the security questions you set while creating the account for the first time.
- Create a new password.
- Come back to the Sign In box and sign in with the new password.
Is Cox Email POP Or IMAP?
Cox.net provides IMAP technology. Because of this, you can access your cox email account through other email clients. You can access your cox email ID from your desktop, laptop, or mobile.
How Do I Transfer My Cox Email To Gmail?
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Click the cogwheel icon at the top-right of the page. Select settings.
- Click Accounts > Add a mail account.
- Put your cox email address in the opened window, then click next.
- Select Import emails from my other account (POP3) and then click on the Next button.
- Enter your cox username in the required field.
- Enter your cox password in the required field.
- Check the Leave a copy of retrieved message on the server dialogue box.
- Type pop.cox.net in the POP Server field.
- Select 995 from the Port dropdown list.
- Check the Always use a secure connection (SSL) box.
- Click Add Account.
- Click No on the next screen.
- Click Finish to complete.
How Do I Get Free Wifi With Cox?
- Enable Wi-Fi of your wireless device.
- Search for available networks.
- Select CoxWiFi or CoxWiFi_premium from the list of available networks.
- Launch your browser.
- Sign in with your Cox User ID & the appropriate password. It should be the same to the one you use to sign into MyAccount at the website cox.com.
How do I check my Cox email storage?
From My Account at Cox home page, click on Business Email. Review your mail quota in your inbox to determine how much space is left and how much space you used to date.
How do I delete my Cox email account?
Click on My Connection at the top of the page, then log in with your primary username and password, then click Internet at the top-right corner under the About Us & Business links. Then click Manage Email addresses and then finally click Delete next to the email address you want to delete.
How to export my Cox mail?
Go to the cox mail folder that you want to export. Then press the Ctrl + click, then select Export Mailbox. Choose a destination folder in your computer hard drive. A destination folder with the name folder name. the box will be created. Click Save.
How can I save my Cox emails?
Select the email you want to save. Then click the Archive icon which looks like a file folder storage box. To view archived mails, click on the Archive folder, and then click on the folder with the title of the year of sending the email.
Can I cancel Cox anytime?
You can terminate your Cox service by calling Cox Customer care. You will find the customer care number on your bill. Or you can disconnect your Cox service by simply stopping the payments.
Why is my Cox email not updating?
If you are facing such a problem, do check your Wi-Fi or mobile data connection to see whether it is working properly or not. Check the available space on your mobile.
Do remove some files in order to increase the amount of free space in your smartphone. Restart your android device and try to update the Cox Email once again. As the last option, you could try using different web browsers to load Cox Email on your mobile.
The Final Words
We hope we could clear all the questions of yours related to the Cox email service. Now enjoy the free email and be online!
ALSO READ: How To Increase Yahoo Mail Attachment Limits