Hey there! Are you worrying how to unarchive Gmail? Well, do not think so much.
This is common issue to a lot of people around the world. They accidentally archived Gmail messages and can’t find the way to unarchive it.
You see, Gmail is one of the most popular and free email service providers by Google. You can enjoy a lot of features of Gmail.
You can receive and send messages in the form the email, you can block spam messages, you can create address books and also can do other general email tasks in Gmail.
But, sometimes the bud luck hits on you and you somehow archive some messages in Gmail.
Now when you perform this task, the message goes hidden from your Gmail inbox. But don’t you worry! The message is not at all deleted.
Are you facing such an issue right now? If yes, this article is only for you, my friend.
Here you can have all the information related to archiving and unarchiving in Gmail. Read and find out the ways.
How To Unarchive In Gmail- Move Your Emails Back To Your Gmail Inbox
You see, basically, archiving is an effect by which you can keep your important emails in order.
It enables you to move your email messages from your inbox into the All Label mail. You can do it even without deleting any message.
But sometimes this feature creates problem too. This issue occurs due to the lack of a separate folder.
When you accidentally archived Gmail messages, it looks very confusing to search the important messages that you need to retrieve.
In order to gain access over the archived email messages, you should enable the All Mail View in Gmail.
After that, you are able to unarchive the important emails that you need to move to the inbox.
However, you must go along with the steps that I am sharing below to do the Gmail undo archive.
In order to unarchive your Gmail messages, you need to log in or sign in to your Gmail account with the User name and the password.
- Now, you have to go to the ‘More’ side Tab and have to enlarge it.
- You can find the option ‘All- Mail’. You need to select it in order to activate the All Mail View. When you enable this option, you will be able to see both the mails, the email messages in your inbox and the email messages that are in the archived folder.
- You can find the tag “Inbox” to the subject line of those messages which are already in the Inbox.
- Thus, you will easily detect the email messages which are archived.
- Now, you have to right click on the email message which is archived already.
- Now, when the list appears, just select ‘Move to Inbox’ on the context Menu.
I hope, you go along with these steps properly, you will be able to unarchive the Gmail messages very easily.
How To Unarchive Gmail Messages On A Computer
If you are accessing your Gmail account from your computer, it is very easy for you to unarchive the Email messages on your computer.
Actually, archiving means to move something into a filing cabinet for keeping it safe. It is not the same process of throwing something in the trash bin.
The email messages you have archived go to the ‘All Mail’ label which is on the left side of your Gmail.
If you are willing to find an email message, that you have archived already, you need to click on any other labels which you applied for it.
Another way by which you can find it is that you have to search for it.
And do you know the best part? If someone responds to an already archived message, the email message will be automatically moved to your inbox.
Now the question is: how can you unarchive the Gmail messages if you accessing through a computer? Read the easiest way here.
- At first, you need to open your Gmail account on your personal computer.
- Now, you need to scroll and go to the All Mail category which you will find on the left hand side of your Gmail.
- Once you find out the option, click on the All Mail category.
- After that, you need to search or scroll for the email message that you want to unarchive or move to your Gmail inbox.
- After you found out the email message, you have to right click on that particular email.
- When the context menu appears, you need to choose Move to Inbox option.
Try to follow these steps properly. I hope, after that you won’t face any issue when you are about to unarchive your Gmail messages.
How To Unarchive Gmail Messages On A Mobile Device
Don’t have any personal computer or workstation? Are you accessing your Gmail account with your mobile device? Don’t worry at all.
Also, you can access your Gmail account with your mobile devices whenever you want, no matter at what place you are now.
So accessing your Gmail account with your Android or mobile devices is a great idea, indeed.
Though you do not have any personal computer with you right now, and you have to log in to your Gmail account through the Android device, even then you will be able to unarchive your email messages on your mobile devices.
Look at the steps very carefully that are mentioned below.
- At first, you need to open the Gmail application on the iPhone or the Android device you have.
- Now, find the menu icon which you can see in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Once you have found out the menu icon, you have to tap on the icon.
- After that, you have to scroll down till you can see the All Mail tab on the screen.
- Now, you need to scroll or search the email messages you want to unarchive or to move to your inbox.
- You will see three dots which is in the upper right corner of the screen. Tap on the dots.
- The context menu will appear. From there, you need to select the option Move to Inbox.
That is how you can unarchive the email message and it will directly move to the Gmail inbox again.
How To Find Archive In Gmail
You have to stick to some steps if you want to find out the archived mails in your Gmail account.
- Log in to your Gmail account with the user name and the password.
- Go to the All Mail label. You can see it located on the left side in the Gmail account.
- Click on the All Mail option. You will be able to see the menu bar. From there, you have to choose ‘More’ option. It will display the additional labels which the Gmail has as its features.
- You will be able to see all the email messages displayed on the screen. Find out the archived one.
- In case you do not understand which is the archived one, just find out if the email has the ‘Inbox’ label with it or not. If you can’t see the label ‘Inbox’ with it, it is the archived message.
How To Move It To The Inbox
Now that you have successfully found out the archived email message, obviously you want to move it to your inbox. For that:
- You have to click on the archived message in order to open it.
- Once opened, you have to click on the left of the message. A context menu will appear.
- Select ‘Move to Inbox’ from there.
By this methods, your archived message will be successfully moved to your inbox.
How Do I Unarchive In Gmail?
- Log in to your Gmail account with the user ID and the password.
- Now, you have to go to the ‘More’ Side tab and have to expand it. You can see the All Mail view.
- You have to select the option All Mail.
- Find out the archived mails that you want to move or unarchive. You are not able to see the label ‘Inbox’ with the archive email messages.
- Now, in order to unarchive the messages, you need to right click on the archived messages.
- The context menu will appear. You have to select the option ‘Move to Inbox’ from there.
By following this steps, you can unarchive the email messages in Gmail.
How Do You Find Archived Emails In Gmail?
- If you want to find out the archived messages in Gmail, you have to go to All Mail label. It is located on the left side of the Gmail account.
- When you click on the All Mail label, the menu bar will appear.
- Select ‘More’ from there. You can see all the mails displayed in an order as you received them.
- The email messages which are archived, they do not have the “Inbox” tag with them.
Thus, you can find the archived messages in Gmail very easily.
How Do I Retrieve Archived Emails?
Just right click on the archived message and select ‘Move to Inbox’ from the context menu. The message will be automatically moved to your inbox.
To Sum It Up
Gmail comes along with a variety of features that you can really enjoy. Archiving is one of them. But this particular feature can create some confusing issue sometimes.
But, if you are completely aware what to do in this situation, it will be very easy for you to get rid of these problems.