There was a time when you could only rely on ProtonMail. Why should you keep your ProtonMail account now that you’ve switched to another email service? Instead, we recommend canceling the account to get rid of it. If you’ve done it before with other providers, you know how difficult it is to delete a ProtonMail account.
Recognizing this, we come to your aid and provide you with all of the processes and ways for dumping your ProtonMail account. This blog will teach you how to delete ProtonMail account
What Is ProtonMail – Encrypted Email?
“ProtonMail delivers encrypted e-mail so that anybody but the sender and the receiver can hardly read it.” The Times of New York ProtonMail is the largest encrypted email service in the world with over 1 million customers.
By seamlessly integrating PGP end-to-end encryption, the ProtonMail secure email app for iPhone and iPad offers easy-to-use email encryption to your mobile device.
ProtonMail also has a modern user interface with a slew of new features including customized swiping motions and the option to send emails that ProtonMail accounts expire.
Since our inception in 2013 by CERN scientists, we have been joined by citizens from all over the world who have supported our objective to defend online privacy. Our mobile app was made possible through a $550,000 contribution campaign that set a new record.
You can now create your own free ProtonMail email account with the ProtonMail app and begin experiencing the secure email of the future.
Why Should You Use ProtonMail?
Make certain that your emails remain private and are not intercepted or leaked to third parties.
• End-to-end encryption that is OpenPGP compliant
• Simple to use: encryption is performed automatically and is fully transparent to the user.
•Zero-access: all messages are encrypted and cannot be read by anyone, including ProtonMail.
• Open source: The encryption used by ProtonMail is open to review by security experts from all over the world.
• No strings attached: ProtonMail is completely free.
• ProtonMail is fully hosted in Switzerland, Swiss privacy and neutrality.
How Can Your ProtonMail Account And Other Significant Information Be Deleted?
What are you attempting to establish by maintaining an account that you no longer use? If you have a ProtonMail account, follow the simple instructions below.
Before you get to know that How do I delete my ProtonVPN account? you should be aware that once erased, there is “no way to retrieve or rebuild it.” Usernames are not recycled by Proton. It means you’ll lose the username if it’s erased, and it won’t be available again in the future.
If you still wish to delete your ProtonMail account, follow the procedures below.
Log in to your ProtonMail account and go to the “Settings” tab (at the top right screen).
Look for and pick the “Account” tab. Then, at the bottom of the page, select “Delete Your Account.”
On the following screen, you will be prompted to enter your Login Password. (An alert will be issued.) It reads “Warning: Deletion is Permanent” – if you want to delete to merge this account with another, DO NOT delete your account.)
To authenticate your identity, enter your login password. Once you’ve submitted your information, click the “Delete” button.
That is how you permanently erase your ProtonMail account. Once removed, an account cannot be retrieved.
But, certainly, there is a way to reclaim it. You may make the other domain an alias if you subscribe to the premium plan. This will show that the deleted account may be recreated on your premium account.
How Do I Troubleshoot ProtonMail Addresses That Cannot Be Deleted?
It is not as simple as deleting a custom domain email account. First, ensure that all emails related to the custom domain email account are erased.
Messages that have not been erased will display an error message stating that “Address cannot be erased while messages linked with this address persist.”
You must track down such messages. You must utilise the advanced search feature.
- Simply click the search bar’s arrow.
- A new popup window will be displayed. The “Address” option will appear. Select the email address to be deleted and press the “Search” button.
- You will now view all of the messages linked with your email account. Select them and drag them to the “Trash” folder.
- Navigate to the “Trash” folder and empty it by clicking “More” > “Empty Trash.”
- On your iPhone or iPad, how to cancel ProtonMail- Email Subscription with Encryption.
- To begin, launch the Settings app and tap on your name.
- Then, select the “Subscriptions” option.
- (Please keep in mind that you may not see this tab right away.) In that case, select iTunes and App Store.)
- Then, select your Apple ID. View your Apple ID, sign in, and then scroll down to the “Subscriptions” option.
- Next, select the ProtonMail (subscription) that you want to review.
- Now, press the Cancel button.
(Please keep in mind that if you don’t see a “Cancel Subscription” button for ProtonMail – Encrypted Email, it’s already been canceled.) It will no longer be renewed).
On Your Android Device, How Can You Cancel ProtonMail- Email Subscription Encryption?
To cancel your ProtonMail membership on Android, you must first understand that simply removing the ProtonMail app will not enough. Take the following steps:
- To begin, go to the Google Play Store. Check that you’re signed into the correct Google account if you have more than one.
- Navigate to “Subscriptions” by clicking on the menu.
- Select the ProtonMail – Encrypted Email subscription you want to cancel and click the “Cancel Subscription” button.
- Complete the task as instructed.
- If you deactivate your ProtonMail membership from Google Play, all future subscriptions will be canceled and will not be renewed.
On A Mac, Here’s How To Cancel An Email Subscription.
To terminate your ProtonMail membership on your Mac, follow these steps:
- To begin, launch the Mac App Store and then click on your name in the sidebar at the bottom.
- At the top of the window, click the “View Information” option and sign in if prompted.
- Scroll down the following page until you reach the “Subscriptions” tab, then click “Manage.”
- Click “Edit” next to the ProtonMail – Encrypted Email app, then “Cancel Subscription.”
How To Cancel A Paypal Encrypted Email Subscription With ProtonMail
To terminate your ProtonMail membership with PayPal, take these steps:
- To begin, go to www.paypal.com and sign in to your PayPal account.
- Click the settings tab, which is located next to the logout option.
- Select “Payments” from the menu that appears and then click “Manage Automatic Payments” in the Automatic Payments dashboard.
- You’ll be presented with a series of merchant agreements with which you’ve previously transacted.
- You will be directed to a confirmation page. To confirm that you want to stop making payments to ProtonMail – Encrypted Email, click the “Cancel Automatic Payments” option.
- Then, on the verification page, click “Done” to complete the unsubscription.
All email service providers make it easy to delete an unwanted email account? account, thanks in part to sweeping data protection and privacy legislation like the EU’s GDPR.
This page explains how an email account with five distinct providers may be deleted, and most other email providers have a similar email removal method.