There are several explanations why your iPhone or email provider may be transferring essential messages to your Junk folder instead of your Inbox.
If this continues, you can manually move the mail from your Junk bin to your Inbox. Or click Not Junk in the message’s banner or select the message and then click the Not Junk option in the Mail toolbar (or use the Touch Bar). Add the sender to your Contacts list. Use Mail information in other applications.
Why Are My I-Phone Emails Going To Junk?
Occasionally, an essential email may end up in your iPhone’s Spam or Junk folder rather than your Inbox. This is largely due to your email provider’s or ISP’s spam filtering. While spam filters can be extremely useful, they are not always accurate.
There are several possible causes for your emails winding up in the Junk bin. The main reason is that other individuals have previously flagged mails from this sender as spam. However, there are additional aspects to consider, which we shall cover further below.
Related Post: Why your email going to spam
The IP Address Of The Source
Your IP address is a string of digits that identifies you on the internet. Every internet user has a unique IP address, and these addresses are associated with each email sent.
Some IP addresses may receive a large number of complaints. Messages sent from that address may also be flagged as spam by other users. If this occurs, your email provider’s filters will most likely flag the message as spam and route it to your Junk folder
Checks For Authentication
Email providers typically use authentication measures to keep spammers and hackers out of your inbox. If an email fails this authentication check, it will most likely wind up in your Junk folder.
A Fast Sending Rate
There are occasions when there are just too many emails being sent to a server at the same time. If this occurs, gateway filters may be activated, allowing the server to restrict the rate of bulk email delivery. This can result in emails being identified as spam and sent to the Junk folder, even if this is not normally the case.
Content Of Poor Quality
Email service providers frequently monitor emails for “spammy” wording. If an email you expect has this type of wording, it will usually be sent to your Junk folder. Emails with broken or pixelated graphics, for example, are likewise likely to be labeled low-quality.
How Can I Prevent Emails From Going To Junk?
Perhaps you’ve observed that emails from a single sender, whether a company or an individual, are constantly sent to the Junk bin. In this circumstance, you have a few possibilities. To get future emails past spam filters and into your inbox, follow the instructions below:
- Open the Mail app from your iPhone’s home screen.
- When you launch the app, you’ll be taken directly to your mailbox. Press your account name in the top left corner of the inbox screen to access your spam folder.
- Scroll down until you reach the “Junk” or “Spam” folder. Then, choose this folder.
- Find and open the message you wish to recover in your Junk or Spam folder.
- A toolbar will appear at the bottom of the email. On this toolbar, click the folder symbol.
- A folder list should now show. To transfer the selected message to your Inbox, tap on it.
Future emails from that sender will now be delivered to your inbox rather than your junk bin.
Guide About: How to stop emails going to junk on iphone
Add Email Filters To Prevent Messages From Going To The Junk Folder. If you’ve tried shifting messages from your Junk folder to your Inbox but critical messages are still failing to pass through the spam filters, you may try establishing your own filter. Making an email filter allows you to “whitelist” a sender, subject, or phrase.
This method varies depending on your email provider. We’ll go through how to build an email filter in Gmail and Yahoo Mail in the sections below.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I modify my iPhone’s Junk Mail settings?
Report unsolicited mail
- Swipe left on the message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then press More, then hit Move to Junk.
- Select the message on your Mac and then click the Junk button in the Mail toolbar.
- Select the message on iCloud.com, then click the Flag button and select Move to Junk.
2. How do I get my emails to stop going to spam?
Select the messages you wish to preserve from your Junk Email folder. Select Not rubbish > Not junk (or Not spam > Not spam) from the top toolbar. You may also open the message and click the It’s not spam link towards the top. beside their name
3. How Do You Remove Junk Email From Your iPhone?
Open the message in the Junk folder on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, then push the Transfer to Folder button at the bottom of the screen, then tap Inbox to move it.
Learn More: How to mark gmail as urgent?